In recent months, my Facebook feed has been taken over by BuzzFeed videos demonstrating the preparation of unique snacks and meals. As a vegetarian, I have difficulty finding recipes, as most of the popular ones involve wrapping some sort of meat in bacon. While some of the videos I come across aren’t appetizing, BuzzFeed’s website Tasty is a dependable resource for new and fun creations.
I finally attempted a recipe posted Nov. 3 for cheesy garlic knot pizza dip, combining all of the essentials for any great snack—a delicious combination of carbs, cheese and a unique take on Americanized Italian dishes.
There are several steps, so the knots and dip take about an hour to prepare and cook. However, it is totally worth the wait.
1 refrigerated pizza crust
1/2 cup melted butter
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup ricotta
1/4 cup basil, chopped
2 tablespoons garlic
1. Form pizza dough into 15 long strips. Tie each strip of dough into a knot.
2. Place each knot in a circular formation around an oven-safe nonstick skillet and cover.
3. Meanwhile, create the dip by mixing all cheeses, basil and two tablespoons of minced garlic.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Remove cover from the dough knots and put dip in the center of the skillet. Coat the knots with melted butter. Shredded cheese can be sprinkled on top.
6. Cook for 20 minutes.
7. Remove skillet from oven and brush knots with melted butter.